Re: Digest Number 2199

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 15:55:27 -0000

Donald:
> So you'd rule differently for the same action depending on the
> precise motivation of the PC?

Rob:
I think I would listen to what the player wanted to do. If he wanted to go for an augment, or use a different skill, then I would certainly consider both. What I would do is probably let the dice fall for the augment (as you say the impact is likely to be relatively minor) and in the case of using some other ability for the act of trying to kiss her, then I would make a call on whether it required an improv mod (or even a bonus), but treat it as the same contest. I think it is kind of fun when one party is trying to argue and the other is ttrying to 'get romantic'. Happens in marriages all the time!! :^)

Donald:
> I'd also think that an augment is a bit of an inadequate result
> for such a major action. There should be a large number of action
> points at risk here whatever the result.

Rob:
FWIW I agree entirely. I do conceed that there are othlutions to the same problem. Isn't Heroquest a wonderfull game!!

Regards
Rob