Re: Extreme heroquesting (was Re: Wizardly HQing_)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:34:55 -0700

> The RW myth/historical record I know of is that cages of geese were
> kept on the walls of Rome to warn of attack. At least once this
> worked and saved the city. This is based on the fact that if
> disturbed geese make a terrible racket as well as going for the
> intruders. The second fact is that they can be bloody dangerous
> even to humans - taking a nasty bite out of you with their beaks
> and breaking limbs with their wings.

Heck, you don't have to go that far back - geese are still kept as watch animals even now.

Just a personal experience - my wife had a pair of geese in Mountian Vew for quite a while. Her dad complained about them, and finally she gave them up. Within weeks, the area started reporting break-ins of homes, whereas it hadn't reported any for almost all the years the geese were there. Coincidence? Possibly. But I know that they *do* work.

RR
- Richelieu