Re: Magic systems and the nature of Glorantha

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 00:10:28 -0000

Luke: (I think)
> >Same goes for a spiritist practitioner PC who opts to take the five
> >starting spirits they get at the maximum rating given in the write-
up for
> >their practise

Mike: (correctly)
> Narrator sets the spirit levels, not the player.

One thing I have done is consider what there ability for binding spirits is. If you read the rules it is unlikely that they are going to be able or attempt to bind spirits in excess of their various applicable relationships and abilities that they use in such bindings and creation rites. Thus the more powerful the practitioner or shaman (or skilled shall we say) the more powerful the spirits.

Regards
Rob