Re: Sacred Time rituals in play - saga style

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 02:40:14 -0000

Frankly, I know most of my characters' likely augments. If it is a fight, I don't require my characters tell me that they are augmenting their sword attack with brave, strong, hate lunars, or whatever else is obvious. I don't need to spend much of the game listening to a half-dozen players give me a string of adjectives.

Again, your playstyle may differ.

> As presumably is his "love family" and so on - the
subjective/objective
> thing doesn't really come in to it, does it? Emotions happen
inside people's
> heads.

One of my favorite television shows is the Sopranos - filled with characters with lots of emotional issues. When Tony Blundetto killed Billy Leotardo in revenge for killing his friend Angelo, no internal narrative was required to figure that out. When Tony Soprano killed Ralph Cifaretto after learning that he killed a horse for the insurance money, no internal narrative was needed to figure out that Tony loves horses. And so on. Again, this is a personal preference - other people can certainly disagree and have their own perfectly valid aesthetic preferences.

Jeff