Re: Sartar

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 11:15:47 +1300

Mark Mohrfield:

> >>Martin Dick's conversation with Sandy Peterson would seem to indicate
> >>that Sartar was unusual in that his achievements were made with
> >>relatively little violence.

>Me>One could say the same about Arim the Pauper becoming King of Tarsh.

>He may have become king through peaceful means

Yet Sartar is a superhero because he becomes a king through peaceful means?

>Again, I'm not arguing that Sartar is definitely a superhero , just
>that what we know about him doesn't rule out the possibility.

The nature of a superhero IMO is that the person responsible would have to have such a dramatic effect that people for leagues around and hundreds of years after the effect think "Wow! what a guy!". If Alexander who conquered the Invincible Persian Empire, Napoleon who created the First French Empire and lost it and Asoka the Wheel Turner were all in Glorantha, they would be Superheroes. Sartar doesn't have that effect. Arim the Pauper doesn't have that effect.

--Peter Metcalfe