Re: Niskis

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:51:07 +0100

>Hi
>
>How anti social is the cult of Niskis? I imagine most Heortlings
>would object to some Niskis followers. Lock up your wives and
>daughters sort of stuff.

Heortling society is not that worried about pre-marital sexual activity, but adultery is a very serious business, at least potentially provoking the Gods themselves.

IMHO a young, unmarried Niskis Inititate would be treated tolerantly in most cases - "sowing his wild oats", and he'd be expected to change to a different aspect of Orlanth by the time he married.

Older worshippers and - especially - devotees might be regarded with less tolerance and even suspicion,

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.