RE: Heroes

From: Grawe, Philipp <pgrawe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:19:16 +1100

<Definition of What is a Hero by Peter Nordstrand snipped>

My question was asked more because people seem to have a definition of "Hero" as opposed to hero.

I've heard people talk about a Capital-H Hero. Add to that the idea of a Heroquest and you start wondering what other nuances and implications the Gloranthan definition of Hero has.

I guess there is no rules definition of a Hero (which is good, because your 3rd fighter example is very effective), it's a cultural thing. It is up to the Gloranthan inhabitants to begin calling you a Hero, and if they do, then bingo you are one.

Again, for my part, a SuperHero is simply someone who is a Hero to enough different cultures that his name becomes ubiquitous.

Neither of them are a formal status, by any means.

Philipp