Re: Heroes

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 10:21:04 -0500

John Hughes wrote:

> Peter Nordstrand carveth the sacred runes:
>
> >-----------------------
> >What is a hero?
> >----------------------
>
> Great stuff!

I agree!

> The land is *afflicted* by a hero...
>
> This could explain my fascination with Sartar, who is a humanising hero, and
> my hatred of Harrek, in whom I can find no higher purpose. It doesn't,
> however, explain my equal fascination with Arkat, who is one of those who
> sacrificed a continent to an ideal.

Harrek is the brutal wind of change -- sweeping aside the old to make way for the new.

Its never pretty. And for many, its like being a bunny bounced off a Buick.

But it is a time of change. Some come soft and subtle like a dream in the night. Others are vile and come on the wings of Storm and Fire.

The Old World is Dead. Harrek Killed It. (sounds like a good heroband slogan)

> We need more Ernaldan heroes!
>
> John

I nominate your to participate in the Rotina and Nisskiss Teen Prom Heroquest.

Jeff