RE: Re: New to HeroQuest

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:52:21 +0100 (BST)

> If there was a movie or a novel you would most
> closely associate with your Glorantha, what would it
> be?

As a "get the feel" approach? But you can approach Glorantha from so many angles, and they're all right!

Asterix the Gaul for Sartar v. Lunars. If you're in that sort of mood.

Gilgamesh. Nick, that version you lent me? What was the exact title?

Katharine Kerr's Deverry series (start with Daggerspell). That's not how Gloranthan magic works, but the society feels right.

There are novels set in Glorantha, though of course they're not famous outside Gloranthan fandom. "The Widow's tale", by Penelope Love. John Hughs' "Helden" http://mythologic.info/questlines/helden.html

Jane Williams