Re: Re: New to HeroQuest

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:30:52 +0100 (BST)

> Hi! This confirms that Glorantha may be the type of
> mythical, heroic rpg I am looking for, where players
> can take a huge expansion and seek glory (well,
> without falling in the appalling pit of D&D
> door-monster-treasure). Thanks!!!!

It definitely is. However, if that's what you're after, I'd suggest starting with somewhat higher level characters than the standard system generates. And don't bother with the "Sartar Rising" arc as written (though by all means use it as background), as it assumes you're plebs who just might get noticed by the real heroes by the end.

I'm sure Rob will mention the "Gwandor Saga" at some point: that sounds like what you're after, to me. Rob, got a link to some suitable mid-campaign exmaple?

Jane Williams

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com