RE: What people play

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 15:35:30 -0600

>From: "jongjom2003" <JonGJoM_at_...>
>
>King of Dragon Pass is the top selling HQ product on the Warehouse 23
>website. Is this the best selling HQ product of 2005, or even 2004?
>
>I wonder this because I feel there are plenty of Gloranthan fans out
>there looking for a game.

I think this is merely the fact that computer games have a market that's roughly 1000 times the size of the RPG market. No exaggeration, RPGs sell millions, and Computer games sell billions. So even a small fraction looking for the general sort of computer game that KODP represents, can outbuy the rest of the line.

That doesn't mean that people are interested in Glorantha so much as interested in computer games. Sure, KODP will do a good job of getting them interested in the setting. But then try to get a computer gamer to become a RPG player (if they're not already)? Not so easy.

Mike