Re: Saying thank you!

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:35:01 -0000

> I've never bothered separating it out, rules-wise, no. It's
probably part of
> "legion traditions" or "cult knowledge", or something. We just
take it for
> granted that all Humakti know it well enough that you don't roll,
and no-one
> else knows it at all (well, not much).

Again, I've got no problem if folk want to have Humakti hand signals (although they might be more like gang signals than CRE hand and arm signals). This can certainly be called "Swordspeech" if you want. I just don't think it rises even to the level of hand signals developed by some US gangs (which are remarkably sophisticated systems - but outlaw argots tend to be pretty sophisticated, whereas Humakti have no such social need). For some examples of various gang signals, check out:

http://www.officialrapbeats.com/Gang-Hand-Signs.html http://www.slsheriff.org/html/org/metrogang/gangsign.html

Jeff