Re: Saying thank you!

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:15:11 -0000

> "Not mentioned in", I'll believe. But I take it there's no
statement saying
> "there is no such thing as Swordspeech"?

Agreed.

> Firespeech has been dropped? Or just not mentioned in recent
publications
> (hardly surprising since it's not relevant to any of them)?
> And if it's dropped, what language is it that Perimides the Chaste
now
> speaks?

Firespeech also appears to have been dropped in the list of languages in the Glorantha Book. Now maybe there is a "sacred language" used by the Yelmalions of Sun County based on a garbled version of Second Age Dara Happa called "Firespeech", but if there is, it is a very localized ritual language.

Another thing worth keeping in mind - in RQ2/3 literacy appeared much more common than it actually is.

> You'll be telling me Stormspeech has been dropped next!

I don't think it has. It made an appearance in the Glorantha Book and may have been the original language of the Vingkotlings during the Storm Age.

Jeff