Re: Digest Number 276

From: Simon Bray <simonbray_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:52:13 -0000

Hi All,

 A note to Glorantha fans.

 If you want Issaries to succeed, buy all their products. I know that many people are awaiting the arrival of their favourite area books, but they will never emerge if other books don't sell. You won't get Teshnos if Storm Gods, Thunder Rebels etc doesn't make a profit. Anyway if you are awaiting the Lunar Books, buy the Orlanthi stuff and read up on the enemy. One of the problems with roleplaying is that eight people may play as part of a group and enjoy the game, but only the referee/narrator/gm seem to buy all the books. Hopefully with the advent of books like Mark Galeotti's Heroes Book, more books will be sold.

 On the subject of Teshnos, it will be visited at least in the Sailor Campaign series. I'm not sure how it would stand as a book buy itself, (from a marketing point of view). I have learned from my Fonrit experiences that everyone really wants to play in Dragon Pass, and only a few explore any further.

Simon