Re: Digest Number 276

From: Toread DuDerysi <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 23:43:42 -0000

A different namesake, I trust?

> ever-talented Simon Bray. Issaries is a small business that relies
on a
> small market of consumers. The core market for Issaries is US. If
we
> subscribers to the HW:Digest and the Glorantha:Digest don't buy
their
> products, they will go under. It is as simple as that.

Yep.John Wick will be the first to tell you that Suplements don't sell but without them a game will die....

..its a catch 22.

And one thing I am very concerned about with GLorantha is that we don't go down the road that was walked by Task Force Games -- producing an ever more esoteric and unapproachable game for an ever shrinking circle of fans.

The game's got to be approachable from a neophyte level.

New blood folks. Not infinitely recursive esoterica.

If something's useable by a new-ish narrator and his folks, its going to sell a heck of a lot better than a list of kings from God Time which... Sigh. I like GRoY but I can't find as much use for it as I'd like.

> My advice is: if you are interested in seeing more Issaries products
in the
> future, purchase every Issaries product in the present. Everything.
 Heck,
> buy some things twice - I sure have.

Me too. I'm buying stuff for friends as presents. =) I've already tainted two other gaming groups.

> Jeff

Jeff