Re: ILHB2: Holy Days

From: John Galloway <yuskim1_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 01:06:33 -0000

Unless you have explicitly ruled that she does NOT have a Holy Day in the autumn then why not just have them both? It is possible for different regions to have different ideas about which holy day is the High Holy Day. Maybe the soil is particularly unsuited to growing corn and needs the extra festival to achieve the same yields as elsewhere.  Or maybe someone had a vision and was instructed to instigate the second festival by Honeel herself (though, as yet, no one knows why).

Or maybe your initial placement of the festival is right FOR THE REGION WHERE YOUR CAMPAIGN IS SET and you don't have an autumnal festival at all. Everyone else does but repeated divinations have confirmed that Spring is the right time for your region. (The rites still work, right?) ;-)

Its not a mistake to be 'fixed' so much as a piece of local colour/ variation and a source of potential plot hooks if the players show any interest in that direction. Personally I find this sort of thing very hard to think up when I *want* to create some local variation from the published sources so ideas that come along free of charge (so to speak) are too precious a gift to be thrown away.

Thanks,