Re: GORP fanzine

From: rjmeints_at_...
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:37:08 EST

Jeff is correct when he states:

"My God - you actually have a copy of that? Talk about a small print-
run, "Gorp" issue #1 is virtually impossible to find. Makes "Pavic Tales" look as common as "Shadows on the Borderland"."

Unfortunately, he is incorrect when he states:

"I don't even have a copy of it. I don't think even Rick Meints has a
copy. Heck, I'm very impressed that MOB does."

Jane, being the opposite of me sayeth:

"And since I don't believe rarity = value..."

As for me, I do have a lot of faith in rarity equaling value, provided that there is a fair bit of quality thrown in as well. GORP has quality and rarity.
I know this because I did manage to get a copy years ago, before it really jumped up on the radar of other readers and collectors. I hope MOB has a copy that he is willing to add to the auction at Continuum. It will be my pleasure to auction it off for him, and tell some good stories surrounding it. Ken Rolston wrote for it. GORP has a miniscule print run. I know for a fact that it was under 100 copies. Pavic Tales was a couple of times higher than that.

Have fun collecting,
Rick