Re: King of Tarsh?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 13:04:04 +0000 (GMT)

> >So what is the story here? Is it just 'ancient
> sources differ', was
> >Pharandros the Regent during Moirades withdrawal to
> perform personal
> >magics, stepping down when his father returned, or
> am I missing something?
>
> So far as the canonical sources go it is a case of
> "ancient sources differ".

Very much so. There was a lot of debate on the subject a few years back (pre-HW). It was complicated, to say the least. Since Peter was the one who did much of the detailed research and reasoning, accepting his answer is probably your best bet, unless you want to go delving into a big can of worms for the fun of it (yes, some of us do regard this sort of thing as fun).

But don't worry, that wasn't a stupid question, and all you're missing is a decade or so of on and off-list discussion.

And of course, if one answer suits your story better than others, go with that. YGWV, and so on. Us Sartarites really don't care what the name of the Lunar ruler of Tarsh is, we just want him, her, or it dead: or at least, not sending armies *our* way.