Re: Do Humakti marry? Have kids?

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:26:24 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 Santo_at_... wrote:

> Hi.
> I have yet another Humakti question:
>
> I understand that Humakti are generally kept away from pregnant women
> for fear of their Affinity to Death. I also understand the
> ceremonial severing of ties of kinship one must go through to be
> Devoted to Humakt. But do individual Humakti marry? Have kids?

IMO, individuals do. It's much more rare. Mostly the death affinity takes a toll on the joy of life. The humakti may lose all interest in sex or become impotent. At least I run it so, that the Death affinity resists healing and fertility, so a powerful Devotee, let alone a Sword of Humakt, is very unlikely to have children.

Exceptions do occur, though.

> Involve themselves in romance? Does their Death Affinity adverse
> effect their own fertility?

I think the Humakti tend to seek company among other humakti, but there are cases of romantic love. In fact a humakti may just quietly dream of his/her perfect love, but not approach him/her, since he's already dead. How gothic.

> Thanks!
> -Santo
> Waiting eagerly for Storm Tribes.

Me too... I'm even in the wrong city in Finland. Stuff arrives in Helsinkin, and then it takes another couple of days for it to be sent the 200 mk to Turku.

        -Adept