RE: Re: An account of King "Blackmoor" of the Colymar

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:28:00 -0000

> > > "We crossed the ford and visited Geo's Creek Inn. It was under
> > > new management -
> > I'm a little worried by the way these people apparently navigate
> Sartar by pub....
>
> John Medway and I navigate Seattle by pub....

Well, yes, I navigate much of Britain by pub, too, but I thought Sartarite inns went out with RQ? Didn't we get told that there's no such thing, and anything claiming to be an inn is actually the locals having a joke on the Lunars?

> > A ritual in Boldhome to do in Belintar? Or am I misunderstanding?
> Why's it being done in Boldhome?
>
> Where else do you have Lunar priests gathered close to Kethaela?

Surely you can move them? It just seems like a long way away, and in a place with no relevant magical connections.

> > > Leika asserted she was still queen,
> > What's her logic behind the claim?
>
> She claims that Kangarl's assumption of power was illegal. Hence,
> she's still queen.

I thought "my warband's bigger than yours" more or less covered the law on electing a king or chief? Plus the bit about "initiated into the secrets of Orlanth and another deity" and a crown test?

I'm sure Leika's right, because we all know Blackmor the Rabbit is the villain, but what did he do that was illegal?