RE: Re: I've mislaid a Rigsdal variant

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:17:21 -0000

 Bryan

> You haven't misplaced it--there is nothing there (my first PBEM
> character is a Rigsdal Allfather initiate, too bad the Black Bear
> never got around to be eaten by the living dead, I really like the
> character, and would love to have seen how he developed). Anyway,
> having read both extensively, I'm quite sure there is nothing there.

Thanks, I'm glad it's not just me going blind = it would be a terribly inappropriate cult to do that with! :)

> By the way, there is a somewhat analaguous case for Ernalda, if you
> feel like figuring it out ;-)

Er.. I'll pass. For now.

> Personally I did not feel the lack of any bonus feats--but I assumed
> that the skills of Rigsdal and Orlanth Allfather both applied, so
> that rich set of awareness skills made it a nice sub-cult already.

Probably, yes.

> As for a bit of myth....well, I could write you something for
> Christmas, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing official.

I'd be interested in hearing your ideas. I just don't see how the basic concepts mesh. I mean, Rigsdal and Elmal, it's the "stand watch, don't be distracted" concept in common. Rigsdal and Humakt, it's "see the truth behind illusions, stay honourable" (oh, and kill things). But Rigsdal and All-father? What's growing crops and fathering kids got to do with being a solar type on watch?