Re: Westerners and the Lunars

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:24:26 +1300

At 12:58 PM 12/19/2005 -0800, you wrote:

>So... I'm confused. Are the Rokari, etc. in league
>with the Lunars? Why don't we hear more about
>fighting between Lunars and the West? Are the
>Monotheists really willing to let the Lunars take over
>most of the continent, or do they fight back somewhere
>in this timeline?

The Rokari are based in Seshnela and see far more pressing problems than the Lunar Empire, namely the revival of Arkat's Dark Empire.

The following condemnation by Hrunth vi Osbonn gives an idea as to the Rokari view of the Lunar Empire:

         Today the Lunar Empire espouses Illumination.
         They claim that all people would be happier
         under their reigh.  Ask yourself - is the Crimson
         Bat a fairy tale.  The Bat supposedly protects
         their citizens - but how many has it devoured?
         Rumours abound of horrors within the Empire.
         Assassins destroy ancient and respected Noble
         Houses.  Chaos gladiators fight mindless
         combats to sate spectacle-starved massess.
         Murderers and prostitutes are worshipped as
         Gods.  The Empire, with its sanitized version
         of Illumination, is as great a threat to the world
         as Gbaji's dark kingdom.  Indeed the Empire is
         a greater threat, for no Arkat has arisen to oppose
         it.

         Dorastor:Land of Doom p128.

The Rokari have been involved in Heortland since the Opening and possibly before but their efforts have just received a major setback since the defeat of Rikard the Tigerhearted.

Elsewhere the main path of contact with the Lunar Empire is the Janube. However that's been under the Syndic's Ban for a century and between the Empire and Loskalm lies the Kingdom of War.

--Peter Metcalfe