Re: Multiple Initiation

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 09:29:23 -0000

> On Friday 23 December 2005 1:55 am, Jane Williams wrote:
>
> > I do hope whatever you've been doing instead was enough fun to
be worth it.

<light_castle_at_s...> wrote:

> Getting handfasted, shooting a movie, and writing a play.

Rob:
What on earth is getting handfasted??

Jane:
> > Quite why Ernalda's magic should go when it was Orlanth who was
Dead, not
> > her, is still beyond me, though, even in Sartar. Her magic
doesn't derive
> > from his.

LC:
> I believe it is argued that she in some way pays the price for
being married
> to him. I didn't think it made much sense either, to be honest.

Rob:
It makes perfect sense. When Orlanth left the world to go on his great quest and passed into the underworld Ernalda went to sleep depriving the world of her bounty. The Lunars in effect re-created the great darkness with the windstop. I had a theory that this was new and powerful way of building the temple, and in fact were as suprised as anyone by the fimbulwinter. However, Greg has hinted that the Lunars knew exactly what was going to happen.

So actually, it makes perfect sense. My question is when Orlanth was 'killed' in the past, did Ernalda go to sleep then?

Regards
Rob