Re: Sleepytime Ernalda

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:32:33 -0000

Nick says -
> I think I disagree. The discussion has nothing to do with Glorantha,
> it's to do with GMing styles, in particular the difference between
the
> style adopted by most roleplayers and the (to my mind) rather odd
> style Greg prefers in which the players are as much audience at a
> storytelling session as gamers. Works for him, wouldn't worth for me.

Check out the Glorantha Digest - Greg has put up a nice Q&A on Windstop, Esrolia and Ernalda that should help folk and resolves the basic question - is the Ernalda of Esrolia a fundamentally different cult from the Ernalda of the Heortlings. The answer in a nutshell - no, the Ernalda worshipped in Esrolia is the same divine entity worshipped by the Heortlings.

As for Nick's other point: I've not played in any campaign narrated by Greg, so I don't know how he handles players. I do run a biweekly game (with lots of stuff handled PBEM as well) and I doubt that describes my Gloranthan narrating style. But maybe I have no idea how most games are played (which is entirely possible).

Jeff