OT: FILK Rigadoo

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 14:53:25 -0800 (PST)

RIGADOO   Ten thousand Lunar soldiers from the Hielands they came forth
And they had conquered everything between the South and North.
They camped beside an earthwork, for the night they thought they'd lie,
But somewhere way up yonder they heard this terrible cry:

CHORUS:
Rigadee! Rigadoo!
Come up and fight, you cowardly crew!
I'll have you for my pot of stew!
You fear to fight with me!

On top stood a bearded Heortlander, in woad and nothing more
He looked a bit ferocious, so Euglyptus sent up four. Then down he sat for sugared eels to gorge beneath the moon,
But he lost his taste for seafood when four heads come rollin' doon.

CHORUS Euglyptus then sent Tatius wi' another fifty five.
"Gae bring to me that rascal's head, or I'll have you
stewed alive."
They heard the clash of metal until the night was done,
But again they heard this terrible cry by the rising of the sun.

CHORUS Euglyptus sent a thousand men, this Heortlander to crack,
But out of all the thousand, there was only one came back.
"Oh, Guv'nor!" cried the soldier, wi' his head all
black and blue,
"The rascal has been lying! There's not just one,
there's two!"

CHORUS So frightened was Euglyptus that he choked upon an eel,
And met his fate while on his plate the sugar-sauce congealed.
Now maybe ye will wonder why I've told this tale at all
Well, it has a simple moral, that they call the Building Wall!

Tune: Grigaloo (http://www.mudcat.org/!!- supersearch99.cfm?MaxHits=1&Command=search&NumLines=4&file=fall99& request=%5BGRIGALOO%5D)
Lyrics: Guy Hoyle

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/