RE: Re: The Missionaries

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:42:27 -0000

> > > Actually I think that they were INCAPABLE of knowing or
> > > Understanding this--and many other things for spiritual or
> magical
> > > reasons, not impaired intellect, which I think is Jeff's point.
> >
> > Huh? That's what I just said/quoted, with the exception of the word
> > "intellect", that I never used.
>
> Sorry Jane, I thought that you had suggested they were brain damaged
> or of somehow sub human intelligence. If thats not your point then I
> apologise!

With damaged brains, hence the inability to learn stuff, yes. Whether the bit of brain that was damaged was intellect or soul or spiritual or perceptual or what, I never specified. Then we checked back, and found it was "spiritual or magical".

> Erm, well yes fair point! But you seemed to be making points and
> then declaring something as fundementally true because of your
> observations, regarding the mental capacity of the folks on
> question.

I think I suggested that any *normal* RW person could learn how to tell if a fruit is ripe without benefit of magic, if only on the grounds that the entire human race seems to have done so. Maybe not in five minutes on their own, but by being taught by somneone who knew, certainly. And I still hold to that belief.

> PS: Looking forward to the next Glorantha night!! :^)

We're going to have to wake up from turkey-induced slumber (well, illness-induced slumber in my case) and organise that.