RE: Re: The Missionaries

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 07:46:09 -0000

> > With damaged brains, hence the inability to learn stuff,
> yes. Whether the
> > bit of brain that was damaged was intellect or soul or spiritual or
> > perceptual or what, I never specified. Then we checked
> back, and found it
> > was "spiritual or magical".
>
> Err, who says that souls (or spirits, or essences) are part
> of the brain?
>
> There were times and places in the Ral World where the heart, or the
liver,
> or other body parts, were thought to be the center of intellect and
> consciousness.

Then I suppose you'd have to define those bits as being functionally part of the brain, just like various glands and stuff are now, if they're "the bit wot does the thinking". A bit like dinosaurs having a spare cerebellum (or is it some other bit that gets duplicated?) at the far end of the spinal cord. That's only the physical side, anyway. Whatever got damaged here was definitely part of the thinking/learning system as a whole.