Re: The Missionaries

From: nichughes2001 <nicolas.h_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 19:18:55 -0000

I think you misunderstood my point, the lessons of this particular clan would have become part of the knowledge of the common religion. After all it seems very likely that the lightbringers would have had a Flesh Man representative with them even though I don't recall a specific mention in the story.

Other clans would benefit, perhaps even Heortling clans. The transfer of knowledge need not have been entirely one-way and when it says the Hagolings told their own survival story it implies that it was not.

I am less clear whether Flesh Man ever was the common magic religion this far north or whether there were two common magic religions with an amount of cross-fertilisation of ideas. The lists of talents for the Heortlings and Tarshites are remarkably similar.

--
Nic