RE: HPC

From: Grawe, Philipp <pgrawe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 17:12:42 +1100

> These are all good points. One additional thing I would personally include is
> the Heroes ability/tendency/fate/destiny/doom/whatever to change the very
> society that is supporting him or her so that it is no longer the same as
> when he started. This is why Heroes are better than gods. This is also why
> you wnot become a Hero by merely emulating the deeds of your
> god; you need to
> do something different.

Funny, while we're on the topic of Heroes, I found a fortune that struck a chord.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." --Friedrich Nietsche

It's not always only the society that a Hero changes (think Arkat)...

Harry.