RE: Re: Help!

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:11:09 -0000

> > I'm looking for a one-night scenario suitable for three low-
> powered
> > Heortling PCs (initiates of Lhankor Mhy, Yinkin & Orlanth). It
> must
> > *not* involve Lunars or have any reference to the Empire; it
> should not
> > (appear to) involve combat.

> http://www.glorantha.com/hw/fan/scenario_sheepless.html#
>
> There you go. Your staying with a friendly clan and they ask you to
> look into the case of the lost sheep or something like it.

A great scenario, yes. If on reading through you decide it might take more than the time you've got, there's another Lost Sheep idea that I really must write up sometime (I don't do scenarios, I just set up opportunities for the PCs to cause mayhem and then sit back and watch, so "write up as a scenario" is tricky for me).

http://www.etyries.com/folktale/yinkin.htm And the end result was the clan's sheep scattered all over the hills. Go and help get them back again, please. I assume your own Yinkini can track them?

Everything else that happened to me came from the players saying "I wonder what will happen if we meet X?" and me thinking "that's a good idea, now let me twist it". But then the entire evening, for me, was aimed at handing one player a sheep-shaped birthday cake before 10pm (I'd had the request for a scenario that would do this at lunchtime).

Whatever the local dangerous area is, the sheep go there. Whatever wandering monsters are around, you find one munching on sheep. Whatever local NPC is most irritating comes along as a guide.

There's a sheep half-way up a cliff - on a ledge where it can't turn round. Go climbing to get it back. There's one stuck in a bog. There's one caught in a nasty thorny bush. Maybe there's some got as far as the next clan's tula, they're now claiming the sheep are theirs (or claiming compensation for damage). There's an opportunity for your LM PC.

We got about two hours of fun out of this, and could have extended it easily.