Re: Digest Number 2351

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:53:27 +0000 (GMT)

>The irony is, after all, that whatever the reasons
for their >invasion and whatever the obvious atricities and blunders of their >occupation, the Lunars really do offer a much more equal role for
>women...

Within my Red Cow game (we are at end 1605) the narrator characters within the clan who have 'turned to the Moon' within the last year have been women, attracted by the promise of 'We are all us' that the goddess offers, and the escape from poor domestic situations or hitting a 'glass ceiling' in advancement. Remember that many Heortling clans are patriachal. [For those who have downloaded Red Cow Redalanora the Dishthane and Jistirra the Teacher are among the converts in our game]. I wonder if this is a general pattern in the early years, with the socially disadvantaged being the first to welcome change (after all they have less to lose). As well as women I will probably show cottars (particualarly the fractious ones) turning to the Moon, fed up with their lesser status and economic disadvantage.

Isn't the Lunar religion a 'rebellious' force that overthrew an Empire and appealed to the mob of humanity?

Interesting stories arise from these social divisions and the Lunars attempt to win converts by appealing to them.

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be." Tori Amos

Yahoo! Photos � NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com