Re: Re: Just how sexist is Glorantha?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 07:43:37 +0000 (GMT)

> Jane
>
> >And there's still no reason for any glass ceiling
> at all.
>
> Sure there is. It's a perfect story challenge for
> your character to
> overcome. Or devote herself to shattering.
> David Dunham

Except that the point of RP is to explore *new* challenges that we don't face every day. Not the same tired old ones that we get in real life, and in every fantasy and non-fantasy fictional universe.

I'm sure playing a cripple would be an interesting challenge, too - but if you *had* to play one, in every single RPG you were in, all your life - and you had that in real life too? Does the word "boring" come to mind here?