Re: Heroquesting

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:59:48 -0000

Sam:

> I'd suggest stealing from Orpheus more or less, but
> basing it around
> Ty Kora Tek. She's some form of ghost so she never
> went to the
> underworld properly. Make sure you have the
> condition (e.g. never look
> back) which somehow will be so irresistable as to
> require a final roll.

Jane:
That was my first thought, until I realised that you'll need to get a body for her somehow. And while I can think of solutions, most are, I suspect, too "icky" for Rob's taste.

Rob: Yes that would be too icky! I love the Orpheus myth, its great. Fitting that to Glorantha could be a challenge though, but I think I can do it.

Paul:

> For a female character something based around Earth mythology
might
> be possible. Perhaps Ernalda being awakened from her sleep ? Or
> there might be a useful myth about Voria if you're really lucky.
>
> As written the scenario includes the remains of Mykka's body. If
> those weren't found you could have something else happen to her
body.
> Since her soul was ripped out while she was still alive it is
> possible that her body still survives, somehow, which might make
> things easier (and fit the "awakwning" myths better).

You know, I am not too bothered about a physical body, because that never was a problem for Orpheus. I want to avoid any 'get a body to put the spirit into' is way too Frankenstein for me! Its s'posed to be romance! hehehe

The reason I went for the LBQ, short or long, was the absence of the body. The Chalana Arroy type resurrection is meant for spirits only.

Well, maybe since we don't have a body, THATs what we should quest for. Hmmm. Thinking cap on....

Regards
Rob