Re: Heroquesting

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 00:28:37 -0000

Hi Alison

I have been feverishly poring over my books and the references Bryan gave. In my house campaign, the guys are all from the Anzarni clan which I placed in the Culbrea for sentimental reasons (Hofstaring Treeleaper fan).

Mykka is an decendant of the guy who created the blue storm dancer kite of the scenario 'Chasing Kites'. The write up says that the ancestors will favour those who help or save the child spirit.

You know its a damn shame that Josh is leaving, as if he pulls this off the potential for really powerful gaming during the upcoming fimbulwinter would have been great.

What I want to do is fascilitate the story that Josh wants to make of it. He asked for a heroquest, and I wanna give him a good one. Do I want to make it a twisted tale where he has to choose whether an inocent has to die so he can have his love? No I don't. If I read the signals then I'll be keeping a note of some of the darker suggestions to spice things up!

But its gotta be tough. I like the bit in Orpheus and Eurydice where he looks back at the last moment and has her snatched away. That would make a fantastic contest!! You can't lose. You get the girl or you get this fantastic tragic story of unrequited love. Great!

The thing is, at the moment we have just started 'Last Days at Skullpoint' which I am running pre fall of Whitewall. So I am really looking for a fairly quick solution. The thing is I keep coming bakc to the thing that its not looking for a spirit here, its questing for a body!! Or its questing to prove the right to enjoy a normal life. Its a challenge thats for sure!

Cheers
Rob