Re: Re: Fan Support vs. Blackmail

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 09:53:13 -0500

Gareth Martin wrote:

> > (I am of the opinion that "as a paying customer I would rather see
> > more of x" is a more useful opinion than "as someone who hasn't
> > bought anything of yours since y, I think you should do z"...)
>
> I'm not. It just means that you are ignoring the signals the rest of
> the
> market place is sending. This is sometimes a good thing, but if you
> insist
> on ignoring the not-yet-converts, the product will become more and
> more
> insular, inward looking and dependant on a smaller circle of
> consumers.

This is a good point. I am reminded of Star Flee Battles suddenly. An ever more esoteric game catering to an ever shrinking audience.

But I do not think we're got a shrinking audience, somehow. But I hope the new Hero Book helps even more. There is a pretty high bar to starting the game, sometimes. Almost need to be apprenticed. =(

Jeff