Re: Mykka

From: nichughes2001 <nicolas.h_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:24:19 -0000

> I do, however, like the idea that successive similar
> feats resisting temptation could build up into the
> final successful roll. That way Josh can have
> positive mods to what might otherwise be an extremely
> difficult task.

Having a theme for the key stages could be worthwhile, it helps to tie them together. For example in Gaiman's reworking of Orpheus for Sandman[1] there was a theme of there always being rules and conditions attached to any aid from the gods - break the rule and the gift would backfire in some way.

[1] Its worth a look at this for some ideas on how to craft a myth rather than an adventure and the consequences of failing a heroquest. At the end having fallen to the temptation to look back Orpheus is doomed to waste his life dwelling on the past to such an extent that even when warned of an imminent threat he is too wrapped up in looking back to move out of harm's way.

--
Nic