Re: Re: Digest Number 277

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 10:01:02 -0500

Gareth Martin wrote:

> Players, OTOH, rarely by books (again IME). Most GM's are going to by
> more
> material than they need/use already, and the players are probably not
> going
> to buy much/anything. So for every 5-6 people playing ing in
> Glorantha,
> only 1 will purchase product.
>
> In this respect producing culture books to be purchased by players
> always
> makes sense to me - 'clan books' etc, although sometimes a rip-off,
> are more
> popular players than whole rulebooks.

Clan and culture books sell far more than 'adventures.' John Wick wrote a rather nice series of articies on Gaming Outpost about step-by-step game design and that was one of the major criteria. This is also why White Wolf keeps spitting out Clan/Tribe/Tradition/Blahblah books like a cat has kittens.... They sell (and considering what some of the vampire books were like... gah...)

Jeff