ANOTHER GLORANTHAN SONG

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:50:49 -0800 (PST)

Slow day at work so I came up with another song. I've never heard the song it's based on but I reworked the meter a bit. For those who don't know, the Heartlands is the heart of the Lunar Empire, and the Hidden Gale is a fanatically anti-Lunar organization.

BRENNA DANCED WITH SOLDIERS She'd slip away each evening with the dimming of the light And with the sweetest smile she'd kiss her only child good night Before the dawn her fingers flew till they grew cracked and raw For the sake of red-haired Broyan and the sire he never saw

cho: Brenna danced with soldiers,

     Her feet were never still
     Red shawl across her shoulders
     To keep away the chill
     To keep away the chill

A soldier from the Heartlands once brought her joy they say Though seasons passed the memories stood sharp and fast each day Before a clansman's arrow had cost her true love's life He gave her a red shawl and she vowed to be his wife.

     Brenna danced with soldiers,
     And cost her dear it will
     Red shawl across her shoulders
     To keep away the chill
     To keep away the chill

The Hidden Gale came calling to the public house that night And knowing how the wind blows, Brenna never tried to fight Her golden braids were severed, her tender body torn, Her shawl was soaked in crimson when they found her in the morn.

     Brenna danced with soldiers
     But now her feet are still
     Red shawl across her shoulders
     To keep away the chill
     To keep away the chill.

Tune: loosely based on "Mary Danced with Soldiers" by Paul Kennerly Lyrics: Guy Hoyle

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/