OT: Filk: Drinking and Fighting

From: Phil Hibbs <phil_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 21:18:19 -0000

You can never have enough songs to the tune of Waltzing Matilda, that's my opinion.

With that thought in mind:

Once a crazy Storm Bull sat beside the Devil's Marsh, Under the shade of the arrowstalk tree,
And he sang as he sat and waited by the Devil's Marsh
"Who'll come a drinking and fighting with me"

"Drinking and fighting, Drinking and fighting,
Who'll come a drinking and fighting with me" And he sang as he sat and waited by the Devil's Marsh
"Who'll come a drinking and fighting with me"

Down came a Llama Rider to the Devil's Marsh Up jumped the Storm Bull and seized him with glee And he sang as he swung his axe around maniacally,
"You'll come a drinking and fighting with me"

"Drinking and fighting, Drinking and fighting,
You'll come a drinking and fighting with me" And he sang as they sat and waited by the Devil's Marsh
"You'll come a drinking and fighting with me"

Down came the Storm Khan, riding on his buffalo, Down came his warriors, one, two, three.
"Where is the chaos that you want to go and fight?
We'll come a drinking and fighting with thee"

"Drinking and fighting, Drinking and fighting,
You'll come a drinking and fighting with me" And he sang as they sat and waited by the Devil's Marsh
"You'll come a drinking and fighting with me"

Up jumped the Storm Bull and waded through the Devil's Marsh,
"We may not come back alive," cried he

And their ghosts may be heard as you ride beside the Devil's Marsh,
"Who'll come a drinking and fighting with me"

Phil.
Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.