Re: Practice quests (mainly)

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 09:21:26 +0000 (GMT)

> In fact it seems to me that Practice quests are much
> more useful for gaming than the ones that go to the
> HeroPlane/Gods(and others) War. They're at opposition
> levels where the players have a good chance of
> success. You can have all the fun of catching your
> opposition. You can meet your traditional enemies as
> they get "sucked in". You can have accidental effects
> on the mundane world, since you're still in it (if
> glowing a bit).

How do you initiate a practise quest? For the heroplane version you need to cross over to the heroplane, that's easy. For the everything world you must do something to initiate the quest. Would you have to do something like a heroforming to start it all off?

> > AGain, yes, the magnitude of the resistance does
> > affect the magnitude of the effect.
>
> Good. Any suggestions as to the proportions?
> Opposition at 10W2, size of result is...?

>From the rules:

complete = opp / 2
major = opp / 4
minor = opp / 10