Re: Mixed Magic HQs

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:42:09 -0000

Greg has talked about this before, and I believe he supported the idea above.

http://www.glorantha.com/support/concentration.html

Paraphrasing what he said there, even though "all" Heortlings are initiated to Orlanth and Ernalda, few rely exclusively on the gods for magic (concentrate on theism, in rule terms). Instead, most have charms and know spells and talents from various sources.

In our Sartar game, our tribal and clan founder gods grant spells and charms as well as feats, and of course we have access to Flesh Man talents and probably Kolating charms as well.

On the other hand, since we are running player characters, almost every character in our game has concentrated theism and most have devoted to a single deity, simply because the HQ rules strongly encourage it.

Rob