RE: Thanatari stealing Spirit Magic?

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:10:26 -0000

Hi Mike

I hope this is helpful:

Thus the divine magic comes from within the individual, as if it was within him. Its beings are huge, being gods and goddesses. The power is something you are.

Spirit magic comes from beings who are smaller and more personal than the gods. The spirit, often in a power item, is something you have.

Essence magic comes from understanding the abstract secrets of the world. It is something that you know. It manifests from the abstract as a spell, a discharge of energy to change the world.

Copied, needless to say, from
http://www.glorantha.com/support/primal_worlds.html

IMO, theistic and essence based magic could be available to a captured (severed) head. Of course, if the donor had his animistic power items at the time of decapitation, the Atyari head doctor may have access to those.

How many Thanatar worshippers are there in Teshnos? :)

A question to the wise.... (That's not a qualification anyone has to stick to)...

Are people making up their own myths for the chaotic religions? Are we just using old cult write-ups and converting magics? What is the general feeling on how to HQize chaos?

Inquiring mind(s) wish to know :)