Steve Henderson

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:08:33 -0800

>From Steve Perrin, author of RuneQuest:

Steve Henderson, one of my co-authors on RuneQuest and Superworld, died this morning of a massive stroke. He is survived by his wife, Gigi (not THAT Gigi), and young son, Alexander.

Steve and I go back 42 years and he was always a good friend and stalwart companion. It was his copy of D&D that everyone else copied when we started playing in late 1974. We also both helped start the Society for Creative Anachronism together.

Steve never got sucked down into the whirlpool of trying to make a living gaming. He was a programmer, and a damn good one. His family is well fixed (it helps that Gigi is a programmer, too) and this is nothing but a notification of the passing of one of the contributors to the expansion of the RPG hobby.

Rest In Peace, Steve.

RR
- Richelieu