Re: Etymology of gods' names: was Myths of Hu the Sword

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:42:11 +0000 (GMT)

If logic does apply to breaking up the names of the gods. Then you could possibly imply the following:

heler = storm (clouds)
hu = sword / death
makt = warrior
math = wind
u = great / wild
rox = storm (desert)

Don't have the books to play with any others. Gavain

> Hu the Sword => Hu means sword (and Death?), so
> Humakt means Sword-warrior.

Makes perfect sense - thanks! I knew I was overlooking something obvious.

Yahoo! Photos � NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com
                                                Game software
                 Poker games                                    Computer role
playing game
Role playing games                                    Online role playing games
                                   Role playing games online