Sky World HeroQuests

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:03:53 -0500

Namaste.

I have a few questions about HeroQuesting in the Sky World. Perhaps someone with more Glorantha experience than myself will be helpful in discovering the answer.

How does the Sky World relate to the Visible Sky? It seems to me that the Sky World is a Otherworld that is a representation

Does the Sky World exists in all 3 Mythic Realms of Glorantha? From the descriptions of it, it seems fairly theistic to me. However, there are some Animistic Practices (like the Grazers) that have Solar and Stellar Spirits, and I presume those cultures visit the Sky World in some fashion in well.

What are the barriers that must be overcome to enter the Sky World?

The group of heroes going on the HeroQuest are Teshnan in origin. It seems to be me, at least, there are some connections between the Teshan Otherside, the Fire Realms, and the Sky World. Certainly much of Teshnan mythology refers to entities that exist in this place. Zitro Argan is said to only be visible "beyond the sky dome", and Somash the Sun rules over it by day.

--
-Santo

"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."