getting messages sent to a new email

From: Lightcastle <light.castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:43:52 -0400

 Does anyone know if there is a way to simply sign up with an email directly, as opposed to making a yahoo account and then telling it to use an alternate address?

 Besides the fact that Yahoo was most unhelpful in me getting back my original yahoo address when it was phished, it seems it refuses to let me verify this 3web address. It just never sends me the verification email. This means I simply don't get the messages on my normal account, which is frustrating.

So can I just send a "subscribe" email from this address, or does Yahoo have some wacky proprietary weirdness going on that I can't get around?

LC