Re: Loskalm

From: Lightcastle <light.castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:17:31 -0400

This actually brings up a question I've been meaning to ask for awhile.

Does ANYONE use the Abiding book other than the Rokari? I don't know nearly enough about Malkionism to be sure, but it seems that the "unity" brought about by the book is largely illusory.

The HQ rule book says it is the primary scripture, but only the Rokari are actually listed as using it (Aeolian and Navigational church don't, and now we know Hrestoli don't).

There are two wizardry schools that use it as a Grimoire, though. Since it is mentioned that the Grimoire spells of The Book are often rewritten and revised without reference to The Abiding Book, I assume that is why wizards from one school cannot Ban the wizards of another from the Grimoire.

LC