Thunder Rebels

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:19:29 +0100

While 99% of this book is absolutely wonderful, there are a couple of glitches I have to point out, though only one is potentially serious...

On page 21 it says that female tribal rulers are called kings, but this terminology is not consistently followed through. Frex, Kallyr is called a queen on page 92.

The serious one: Under "Ancient Cults" on page 217, the farming and herding subcults of Orlanth are listed. Meaning that these are archaic aspects receiving no direct worship in the modern day, replaced by Barntar et.al. However, on page 230 they're listed among the most commonly worshipped subcults. And in the occupational keywords, they're the default cults for their respective professions.

...Oh, and there is of course my pet peeve about "odal" being used in a
completely backwards sense. ;-)

...And the fyrdman on page 46 is carrying a shield that won't be much use
in a shieldwall. He could be equipped for raiding, I suppose...

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg