Re: The Great Compromise

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:17:42 -0000

"Rick Meints" <rjmeints_at_...> wrote:
> I respect that many of you would greatly appreciate updates on things
> in the Moon Design Production pipeline. Here is what I am willing to
> do. I will provide a STATUS update on what we have in the product
> pipeline,
>
> IF
>
> People refrain from asking me WHEN something is going to be
> available. When I have a firm publication date to announce please
> trust that I will do so.

I whole-heartedly accept the terms of your generous offer! Trading in fact is always better than idle speculation - which is what any release date is, except when the books are actually on trucks in route to the distributors. Thus, this plan statisfies my worried mind while at the same time avoiding even the appearance of promises that might be inadvertantly "broken".

It's a great idea.

Thanks, Rick!

Now... Being the sort to imagine the worst, what happens if someone submitts a post that violates the Compromise? Not everyone will be aware of the deal, particularly as time goes on. I suppose what I am getting to here is a request for Moon Design to hold off on getting upset until the Tribe has the opportunity to educate people who indavertantly transgress. Maybe this should be in the lists' FAQ, and be an event that potentially calls for moderation? Failing that, we can roundly denounce the hypothetical scoundrel. I just don't want the many to suffer for the misdeeds of a potential few.

Thanks again,

~Kevin McD