Gloranthian LARP

From: gn_adamante <pa_champoux_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:32:43 -0000

Since a year, "les productions Adamante" work to organize a Gloranthian Live Action Role Playing game In Québec (french province of Canada)with the permition of Greg Stafford.

The 26-27-28 Mai we host our first activity, a play test. Around 40 LARP fan, among the best we known in Québec, come to test our game system, combat system, and magic system. It was a great succes, this week-end, Glorantha become truth!! Our next playtest was the 7-8-9 July, we plan to test out community system, ritual, Héroquesting, collective magic, geopolitical system... and some combat and magic rules.

For our first season, we plan 4 activitys, 2 play test (27-28-29 May, and 7-8-9 July) and 2 Regular LARP (22-23-24 september and 27- 28-29 October)

The main storyline was the recolonization of the Dragon Pass in 1330. In our first play test, a powerfull Héortian Thane named Colimar regroup some followers to realyse a great orlanthi prophecy... the colonization of the dragon Pass. In our second Playtest, the newfounded Colimar clan try to survive in a hostile territory, they will try to dominate there part of the Dragon Pass and they will form a tribe.

In our first Official Larp, 30 years had pass since Colimar had entered in the dragon Pass, His secret is now known by all the people of Glorantha, soon many wave of new setteler come in the Dragon Pass for many reasons, to flee the Pharaonic war in the south, to flee the Lunar imperial march in the north, to seek ancien secrets of the Dragon Friend Empire... and many others reasons.

For our first years, we plan to organyse an 100 players game, for the next years, we plan that we can reach 250 players rapidly.

Our web site will be ready soon, you will find a lot of stuf on it, pictures, rules, an online caracters generator, a forum for secret discution between players, a Geopolitical wargame( like Civilisation of sidmeyers but in the Dragon Pass), description of Glorantha... and more funny thing!

 Our game rules are disponible... but all in french. All our players are francophone so we did not tranlate our rule for now. In Québec, there is a small anglophone community (10-15%), if a lot of players are interrested to play to our LARP, we will tranlate our rules in english for them ( thousands hours of work). Maybe some Anglophone clan will be formed, we think to reserve some culture to anglophone players , like Lunar or Dara-Hapian but we are not sure... There is already some problems between Franco and Anglo in Québec, we don't want to bring the political debate on the souverainety of Québec in our game!!!

For now, We work on Many Broos suit( latex mask), The troll and Aldriami suit will be ready for September. We also work on a Huge 8 feet tall mistress troll she will be very nice... and dangourous!!!

With "Les Productions Adamante" Glorantha become real...

Pierre-André Champoux